Elementary Teacher Education Study Program was established in 2012. The establishment of the program was at the same date as that of the School of Education (nationally called STKIP) at Universitas Pahlawan Tuanku Tambusai. The existence of Elementary Teacher Education Study Program was marked as the first in a private university across Riau Province.
The newly born program was heartwarmingly welcomed by society and stakeholders in Riau Province especially in Kampar. Such a good response was then answered by providing the best services to the community. One form of the afroementioned services is by recruiting educators and or educational personnels who have high qualification and competence. The educators recruited were from reputable universities in Indonesia such as Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia, Padang State University, Medan State University, and Surabaya State University.
Being commited to improving its graduates competence, the educators in Elementary Teacher Education Study Program at Universitas Pahlawan Tuanku Tambusai expect that its graduates will have high qualifications and be able to assist the government of Republic of Indonesia to be future outstanding teachers.
with all the knowledge, abilities, skills, and attitudes, a prospective elementary school teachers are able to:
- Apply the principles and theories of education through the design and implementation of learning in primary schools in a responsible manner
- Apply the concept of the developmental characteristics of learners both physical, psychological, and social development through the design and implementation of learning in primary schools
- Apply the conceptual knowledge of class courses including Indonesian, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, and Civics through the design and implementation of learning by scientific method in accordance with academic ethics
- Analyze, reconstruct, and modify a curriculum, approach, strategy, model, method, technique, teaching materials, media and innovative learning resource
- Design and implement the evaluate process and learning outcomes in primary school on an ongoing basis
- Design and conduct research in the field of elementary education in accordance with academic ethics
- Apply counseling services in primary schools to solve problems related to student behavior in learning independently in accordance with the prevailing values and norms.